- For your next journal entry, presuming you’ve read through Book 2, Part 2 (pages will vary depending your edition of the book it might be p. 466) ponder all of the following:
- At the Concept Kingdom meeting, where they are discussing how to improve voter participation to 100%, Mae puts forth, “So why not require every votingage citizen to have a Circle account?” And then follows it up with “So why can’t we require them to vote?….you register them automatically and then when election day comes around you make sure they vote.” (This idea is eventually released as Demoxie.) How would you feel if voting authentication were done and mandated through an Internet service like Facebook or Google or Twitter and you prevented from using any parts of those systems until you had voted? Do you think it would cause elections (don’t just think presidential consider all the down ballot elections, including weed board and dog catcher) to happen differently? In theory The Circle’s TruYou system would prevent illegal voting, but do consider breaches in your response, because there is a way around everything.
- At the same meeting Stenton discusses how the concept of Demoxie could put government out of business by going directly to the people “perfect democracy” is a term used. Later on, Mae ponders how much money could be saved if there were no campaigns of middlepeople (i.e. Congress) and how that money could be used for health care or education. Although the question was a test run for Demoxie, and only for Circlers, the collective voted for a drone strike on a terrorist mastermind. What are your thoughts on that? Do you feel that current politicians might be using social media to reach out more directly to their constituents?
- What are your thoughts on the Aspirant program’s innovations SeeYou and NeighborWatch?
- Annie discovers all sorts of things about her ancestors and her parents through the PastPerfect program. Based on this, is PastPerfect a good program, in your opinion?
- Mae uses the SoulSearch program to locate Mercer. How do you feel about what happens?
Every two weeks you will write a minimum of two full pages of content reflection paper on what you’ve observed during that two week period of reading The Circle (you are certainly free to write more, though!). Feel free to give personal opinions for the reflection. It’s okay to be creative, experiment, and try new things here with your writing style and content. You can try freestyle writing if you like, where you let your thoughts run without worrying about style, grammar and spelling. These reflection papers are a great way to improve your writing skills. You will graded on the quality and quantity of your reflection of the book content. Note: The Circle is 500 pages. There are at most 2 pages of content that contain adult situations (expressed in PG13 terms) that are relevant to the plot. If these small segments are a problem for you please contact your professor to discuss alternate options. This assignment should be of two full pages of content in length and is due at the end of the academic period. It is worth 50 points, and a complete reflection of the book “The Circle” as assigned will get full credit. This assignment’s score will appear in the online grade book following the end academic period.
Any Given Deadline
WEBSITE LIVE CHAT:
+1 (205) 286-5157
Online mathematics help is a licensed Academic Writing Service created to offer academic help to students from all parts of the world. Our writing services are unique and offer more than just a piece of assignment. We have a pool of extremely qualified and experienced writers who do your assignments with dedication.