Situation: You have just joined an organization that depends on the use of the web to perform most of its major functions. You have noticed that information security is mostly ignored by those performing the work tasks that keep the business running and it is not a priority with management or executive leadership.
Write a 1- to 2-page memo to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) that is designed to increase the priority of information security. Include a convincing argument of why the survival of the organization may depend on information security. Include these topics:
- Confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Threats from malicious software.
- Security challenges of cloud computing.
Choose two of the following to include:
- Cyberterrorism and information warfare.
- Ethical computing in the work area