Reviewing and Testing the Code
In this week, you will use the application code you have modified (developed) in the previous weeks to modify it further and create a report in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document to address the following:
- Create three misuse cases for the application. Diagram each misuse case and describe the misuse. How would the current system react to this misuse? How should the behavior of the system be modified to prevent this misuse? Would this modification affect the functionality of the system? If so, how?
- Identify tools or techniques for reviewing the application code for security prior to release. Describe the use of each tool or technique you have identified.
- Create a plan for testing the application once it goes to production (live on the web). What elements need to be tested as the highest priority? What parts of the environment would affect the security of the system when it is in place?
- What elements of security should be reviewed periodically once the application is in production? Why are these elements an ongoing concern?
- Identify a plan for retiring the system securely. Remember to consider the removal of all communication channels and components of the software that could potentially be accessed after the software system is retired.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.