Every so often, a large company, a government organization, a news agency, or a financial institution falls victim to a security breach. This leaves valuable data compromised. For this assignment, do the following:
- Identify 1 organization that has recently (within the last 3 years) had a security breach.
- Share a summary of the incident. Identify and analyze how the organization reacted.
- Discuss what was done to rectify and mitigate the situation.
Answer the following questions:
- What were the implications of this security breach from both the user and company perspective?
- Based on your analysis, what are some lessons learned from this incident?
- In your opinion, would a similar incident be likely to happen again (to this organization) in the future?
- Share any insights you may have had when communicating with the Network Specialists in the class.